by Max Muldoon
I hope for a day when all have food
I hope for a day when everyone greets each other with an affable mood
I hope for a day when birds always sing
I hope for a day when a husband and wife are united for eternity by a golden ring
I hope for a day when friends are always true
To friends oldest and ever so new
I hope for a day when the country is one
Like a synchronized orchestra that plays to the beat of a drum
I hope for a day when everyone’s the same
Like a photograph of honeycomb encompassed in a frame
I hope that no one will ever shy away
To the challenges they face with their friends day by day
- I published an inspired by poem.
- My source of inspiration for this poem was my hopes for a better future.
- My desired tone for my poem was a hopeful tone.
- The theme to my poem is that unity and love is the foundation to a successful future.
- Two examples of figurative language used in my poem are,”I hope for a day when the country is one, like a synchronized orchestra that plays to the beat of a drum”(simile) and,” A husband and wife united for eternity by a golden ring.”(hyperbole) Both of these quotes from my poem contribute to the overall theme of unity and love because they describe working together in unison. These quotes also support the overall hopeful tone because unifying the country will bring about peace and love and so will being married for eternity represent how, as a couple, you are one, committed and hopeful for your future, which is what my poem is about.
- One example of a revision I made was to add my last two lines of the poem, “I hope that no one will ever shy away, to the challenges they face with their friends day by day,” to reinforce the theme of love and unity. Another example of a revision I made was that I took out,”And no one will ever be the source of blame” and replaced it with,” Like a photograph of honeycomb encompassed in a frame.” I did this to add figurative language and draw likeness between a honeycomb and comparing the same views and likeness in the world.
- It was fairly easy for me to write this poem because I was inspired by my own hopes and dreams. All I had to do was think about my own optimisms and changes I wished to see for the future and write about them in a poem.
- I am very satisfied with my final draft because I exceeded all expectations listed in the rubric. I think it has good flow and I even was able to make it rhyme!