Ode to Black Panther
I watched you
You consumed the heart shaped herb.
Now you possess enhanced speed, strength, and panther senses.
King T’Challa they call you as the defender of
Your gratified father is up there watching you
And is very proud of you like your mother is.
Fighting alongside The Avengers,
Earth’s mightiest heroes.
I know you are the strongest among them all
With your vibranium tech suit made from your sister
A female Einstein but better.
Absorbing any sort of kinetic energy like it was nothing from the suit for redistribution,
An unstoppable force you are.
The only and best
Crime fighting panther.
Not just in combat magnificently,
But also a great leader.
Eventually becoming the leader of the avengers soon just like how Tony Stark and Steve Rogers were.
There have been many Black Panthers, but none of them have been as strong and fast as you.
Poetry Publication Reflection
- The poem I published was an Ode.
- I chose the subject as Black Panther because I praise him a lot when watching and I’m just a big fan.
- The tone of my poem is very supportive and astonishing of Black Panther.
- The theme of my poem is don’t judge people by their looks, but their attitude, leadership, and attributes.
- Two examples of figurative language in this poem are, “with your vibranium tech suit made from your sister Shuri, a female Einstein, but a lot better. This an example of a metaphor and it contributes to the tone and theme by saying that his sister Shuri made his astonishing and wonderful suit, but doesn’t look very smart, but it’s about what’s inside of her mind. Another example of figurative language in this poem is, “There have been many Black Panthers, but none of them have been as strong and fast as you. This is an example of a simile and it contributes to the tone and theme because it is very wonderful how he is the best of them all.
- Revision #1: I changed great to enhanced. The reason for this revision because I felt like it was very bland when I just used great and I needed to spice things up a bit. Revision #2 I changed exploded energy into redistribution because I feel like this word has more description of how the vibranium suit works.
- It was very easy to write this poem because I know a lot about the history and specs of Black Panther.
- I am very satisfied with my final draft because I thought it flowed very well and it was very easy for me to edit and revise to make it great.