By: Gavin Byerley
Takes down people like John Cena,
Bombs away like Civil War,
Abusing defaults in Dusty Divot,
like a memory cartridge,
in bases like Kobe,
Getting 20 kill games
just like Ninja,
I think not,
Valuable like a diamond,
Need a #1 Victory Royale,
- I published an ode as my poem.
- I chose the grenade launcher for me subject of my ode because it is my favorite weapon in Fortnite.
- The tone of my poem is grateful.
- The theme of my poem is everyone has different opinions on different ideas.
- “Valuable like a diamond” is a simile. It contributes to the tone and theme by showing that it has a spot in the game whether you like it or not. “Squads getting wiped like a memory cartridge” is a simile. It contributes to the tone and theme by showing it can do a lot of damage to players and that it’s a very good weapon.
- The first revision is made was I changed hurting to abused because it’s a more elevated word. The second change I made was I changed killed to wiped because it makes the reader think what I’m trying to say.
- This poem was really easy to write because once I got a subject to write about ideas came to me often.
- I am pretty satisfied with my poem because it meets and exceeds the requirements and I spent a lot of time on this poem.