Honestly I think that the Simpsons are actually from the future. I mean they have already predicted so many events that it is almost barely a coincidence anymore.
Times the Simpsons have predicted events:
- Season 11, Episode 17: “Bart To The Future” (first aired in 2000)
- Season 3, Episode 14: “Lisa the Greek” (first aired on Jan. 23, 1992, three days before the superbowl) predicted that the Washington Redskins would win the Super Bowl
- Season 10, Episode 5: “When You Dish Upon a Star” (first aired on Nov. 8, 1998) the Simpsons predicted that Disney would buy 20th Century Fox in July 2018
- Season 6, Episode 19: “Lisa’s Wedding” (first aired on Mar. 19, 1995) the Simpsons predicted smart watches with voice recognition (first made in 2013)
- Season 2, Episode 18: “Brush with Greatness” (first aired on April 11, 1991) the Simpsons predicted the Beatles sending belated fan mail. In 2013, two women from Essex received a reply from Sir Paul McCartney after sending him a mixtape 50 years earlier.
I wonder what else the Simpsons will be able to predict about the future?