I decided to share my Google site with a coworker of mine named Bree due to the fact that this individual has expressed an interest in languages and a desire to further understand them. Similar to myself, Bree has dabbled in learning languages outside of English, but has struggled with actually maintaining them. I used to tell her that if she was learning a language just to do it she likely would continue to struggle, however, if she truly appreciated them and the art of communication as a whole, she should prosper.
I figured that for my subject matter and audience, a Google site would work best. Through the site I am able to condense and refine my points while still providing visuals to illustrate my points. Also, because my audience is on the younger side, and obviously I am a teenager myself, I felt that I knew that this option would be most palatable: just enough to spark interest, but not so much that it appears to be a bore.
While I did make changes to cater to my audience, mainly through condensation of paragraphs and rephrasing, I wanted to maintain my diction because I feel it is what drives my points and makes them clear and assertive rather than passive.
Lastly, I tried to include colorful, relevant images in correspondence with text so that my audience would want to figure out the connection. Because my coworker is open about having ADHD and how it can mess with her focus, I wanted to make sure my site wasn’t too wordy and just all around cohesive and easy to follow.