By: Madison Rietheimer
We Three sing America
My sisters work hard if not harder
Sweating dusk till dawn, while your out to play
You refuse to hear my voice
But that’s ok
We’ll work harder
We’ll pave our own way
Nothing handed to us on a silver platter
We’ll work night and day
You spurn to listen to me now
But one day you’ll be the one to bow
We’ll put up with you for now
But just know
When the sun rises tomorrow
We will have had enough
And my sisters and me will prevail
Because time’s up.
One day you will see and you will appreciate us because
We ARE America.
1/2.The type of poem I wrote is an inspired by poem. What inspired me was the big women’s rights movement going on in hollywood right now.
3. The tone of my poem is passive aggressive.
4. The theme of my poems is even though there is a lot of women inequality going on, one day women will have equal rights.
5. To examples of figurative languge are hyperbole: Sweating dusk till dawn, and Imagery:When the sun rises tomorrow. It shows how hard the women are working.
6. Two revisions I made are 1. I changed some words so it wasn’t so repetition.
7.This poem was somewhat difficult for me to write because it is a very touchy subject.
8. Im extermly proud of my final product. It reflects how I feel and shows how other girls may feel.