Every week it’s the same
Same headline just with different people
Students get worried during unplanned fire drills
Not about the possibility of a fire, but of a shooter
Instead of working to solve this problem
The idea to arm teachers comes
We need less guns not more
More gun controls
More mental health centers
Government says they’re gonna make a difference
But don’t work on our panamedic problem
The shootings are the skeletons in America’s closet
- My poem is an inspired by poem
- The source of my inspired by poem is the recurring headlines on the news
- The tone of my poem is irritated
- The theme of my poem is shootings
- a: The shootings are the skeletons in America’s closet
b: The type of figurative language is idiom and metaphor
- I changed big to panamedic because it seemed like stronger word choice and change to difference.
- This poem was easy to write because it is based on how I feel about this certain situation.
- I am very satisfied and I think I did a good job. Good job Abbie.