By: Jess Nguyen
The clock counting down
I’m running out of time
It was the semifinals
So close yet so far to getting 1st place
Coming down my face
All on me
Everyone putting on me
10 year old me
Having all this attention
Is as big as the universe
Overpowering people like empires
This feeling felt interminable
Frustration cries during stressful situations
I can see the panic in its eyes
But it all come down to this
1) I published an emotion poem
2) I chose this emotion because it’s something that I feel very often so I know this feeling very well.
3) The tone of my poem is frustrated.
4) The theme of my poem is,”Even in stressful situations, just breathe”.
5) a) “Frustration cries during stressful situations I can see the panic in its eyes”.
b) This is personification.
c) It adds a bigger impact on the poem because it gives you an insight of what the poem is about.
a) “Frustration is as big as the universe, overpowering people like empires”.
b) This is a simile.
c) It shows that the frustration is building up in a person’s body.
6) a) I changed “endless feeling” to “interminable”. I changed it because I wanted the reader to know how deep the feeling was.
b) I moved “Sweat, coming down my face” to the beginning because I wanted the reader to have an image in their head of what was happening.
7) I was fairly easy because I remember this feeling like it was yesterday.
8) I have somewhat satisfied with my final draft because I feel like I could’ve done better, but I did try my best.