By: Kassandra Reyes
I pinched and hit
But it did no good,
This is our reality
The world in which we live
Pain, hurt, sadness
The skies turn as dark
As their lonely hearts
And shield the light from
And our flood of tears
Hit the ground with a silent splash
To wash away the pain,
In our real reality
But I see the light
In the tunnel far away
If only we could get there
- I published an Inspired By poem.
- The source of my inspiration was the poem titled Reality by Joshua Pickron. I picked this poem because I think it depicts the world in an interesting way, I also think that it is very deep and well written. I also think that this poem is a good one to respond to because people have very different views on the world and reality.
- The tone of my poem is distressing.
- The theme of my poem is the world is imperfect but can be repaired.
- In my poem I used a simile, “The skies turn as dark As their lonely hearts”. This helped the development of my poem by showing one of the imperfections in our reality. In my poem I used a hyperbole “, And our flood of tears”. This helped the development of my poem by showing the reader the extent of the pain in the world.
- I changed “no use” to “no good” at the beginning of the poem to develop a smooth transition from one line to the next. I changed “One day” to “Someday” at the end of the poem to make it stand out.
- This poem was relatively easy to write because of the way that Joshua Pickron wrote his poem it made it easy to relate to as if it was a conversation between poems.
- I am very satisfied with my final draft because I worked hard on it, and I think it conveys a strong message.