By: Justin Bailey
Bam, like a punch straight from Thanos
230 damage to the head
You can even wield multiple at once
Like a two headed serpent
You can add it to your inventory from Tilted Towers
You can annihilate all players in Dusty Divot
Like it’s full of no skins
Bloom does not apply to this weapon
As accurate as a calculator
One shot a brick wall and destroy it
Jump from the sky making the horrifying sound of hop rocks
Like an angel flying down
20 elimination games
As easy as pie
Bring cowardice to other players
Like the devil himself
One players versus a team of four
Double pump will conquer all
Like the king of the land
Get the high ground and shoot down on players
Like a soaring eagle from above
Swooping down on the enemy
So they never see it coming
Just like a ninja
1. The type of poem that I published was an ode poem.
2. I chose this item to be the subject to be the focus of my ode becuase I play fortnite a lot and I use the pump shotgun every game I play and I know a lot about the pump. I have played about 1,850 games.
3. The tone of my ode is Praise.
4. The theme of this poem is that The pump shotgun is the best gun in Fortnite.
5. “Just like a ninja” This figurative language contributes to the tone and theme development because it tells how the pump is so good and you can come out of nowhere and surprise your enemies.
“As accurate as a calculator” This figurative language contributes to the development of the theme and tone because if the pump is the best gun in the game it has to be very accurate and help out a lot.
6. Revision #1: One revision I made in my poem is to change “fear” to the word “cowardice” so I can elevate my vocabulary.
Revision #2: Another revision I made in my poem was to change the word “eliminate” to “annihilate.”
7: It was very easy to right this poem as Fortnite is one of my favorite games and I play it all the time and I use the pump shotgun in every single game I have played. I have played about 1,800 games.
8: I am very satisfied with my final draft. This is because I know very much about this topic and the poem and description of it just came very easy for me and I felt this poem was a very well written poem.