I unwrap the delicate wrapper
I turn the colorful rock
In my soft ,small hands
Like when you use a fidget toy
I observe the imperfections
Like a cat observing a mouse
I move the intricate candy
Toward my mouth
Like a rocket entering space
It feels like a bright light
Shining upon me
The flavor of one
Can enlighten a person
On how delicate and complicated
A flavor can be
Like a teacher teaching student
Jolly Ranchers is hope
For a wonderful rest of your day
Like the sun rising to the dark, sleeping world
Bringing life and positivity with it.
- I published a ode to Jolly Ranchers
- I chose to do an ode to Jolly Ranchers cause I have a deep love for Jolly Ranchers and I love to eat them.
- The tone of my ode is content.
- The theme of my poem is that Jolly Ranchers bring enjoyable flavors and happiness to you.
- One piece of figurative language is “Like the sun rising to the dark, sleeping world, bringing life and positivity with it”. This type of figurative language is simily. This piece of language contributes by explaining the magnitude of the feeling when you eat a Jolly Rancher . Another piece of figurative language which is a simile is ” like a rocket entering space” and this is used in the poem to make a conection between a rocket entering space and a Jolly Rancher entering your mouth
- I changed ” like a wheel being turned” to ” like when you use a fidget toy because it makes the poem read more smoothly. Another revision I made is that I changed “intrecate” to “intricate” because it is a spelling error.
- It was not very difficult to write this poem because I love Jolly Ranchers and it was really easy for me to talk about it.
- I am very satisfied with my poem because it sounds like a poem writen by a professional.