Sharks are the apex predators in our oceans and our often considered the “top dogs” in the worlds oceans. There have only been 80 shark attacks this past year with only 6 being fatal. They often attack if they are being provoked or you look like a turtle. Sharks like other carnivores are very useful to the ecosystem keeping game populations down as well as maintaining a healthy ecosystem.
Tips to avoid being bitten:
- Swim in a large group
- Don’t go too far away from shore
- Don’t swim at night, dawn, or dusk
- Don’t enter the water if you have a cut
- Don’t swim in murky water
- Do not try to feed sharks