Life seems to be moving at hyperspeed. There are days when it’s hard to stop and catch my breath. I’m working on practicing gratitude during these times. Here are some things which bring me joy and for which I’m thankful…
1. Students who challenge me and make me laugh.
2. Acts of kindness.
3. Laughing (and crying) with friends who see me and love me.
4. Phone calls and FaceTime with family.
5. Time spent in the pages of my notebook where I feel safe and free.
6. Walks and cuddles with Bella.
7. A school where I feel heard and valued.
8. The taste of my coffee in the morning.
9. Spending time making and creating
10. Long drives where I belt out my favorite tunes.
11. Making lists.
12. Cozy blankets and pillows.
13. My favorite blue ice cube trays that make my tiny ice cubes.
14. Making plans to attend & present at NCTE.
15. Pausing and listening.
Just sitting down and jotting this list has helped me on this gloomy and rainy morning. Today, what brings you joy?