Thanks for your interest in applying for membership in the John Champe chapter of NHS. The application process takes place in the first quarter of the school year. Students with a 3.50 GPA or higher and are (as of the 2019-2020 school year) juniors or seniors are applicable to apply for membership. Students will be informed via letter (format TBD) of their eligibility to apply for membership into NHS. Applications are completed via Google Classroom (code will be posted once school starts) and are due in late September. Any application submitted post-deadline will not be reviewed for admission into NHS.
If you have any additional questions or need more information, please email email@example.com.
Timeline for application and membership process:
- Early September 2019: Eligible students will be informed of their qualification for application into NHS and will be given access to the online application process.
- Late September 2019: Application is due
- Late September-October 2019: JCHS faculty council reviews student applications for NHS membership
- Late October-Early November 2019: Students are informed of their application status regarding NHS membership
- Monday, November 25, 2019: New member NHS induction ceremony in the auditorium at 7:00 PM at JCHS
Hi returning NHS members! We will be meeting on the 2nd Friday of each month this year for our general NHS meetings. Our first meeting is in September and our last formal meeting will be in May or June. Please see the list below of scheduled meeting dates. Our meetings are always at 8:45 in the morning in the auditorium unless otherwise announced. Look forward to seeing you when the school year begins!
Meeting dates for NHS are:
- September 13
- October 11
- November 8
- December 13
- January 10
- February 14
- March 13
- April 17 (a week later than usual due to Spring Break)
- May 8
Letters regarding NHS selection for the 2018-2019 school year can be picked up from Ms. Allen’s room (2200) either before or after school any day this week. If you were selected for membership, the induction ceremony is scheduled for Monday, November 19th, 2018, at 7 PM in the JCHS auditorium.
Please see the PDF file below to see what kinds of materials can be donated as part of the Boulder Crest Retreat service project/supply drive. Thanks for contributing!
Boulder Crest Flyer-2c49o04
General Meeting Dates:
NHS meetings are scheduled for 10/12 and 11/9 for Fall 2018.
What is NHS working on for Fall 2018?
NHS is currently running a supply drive to benefit Boulder Crest Retreat, a military and veterans organization that operates out of Bluemont, Va. We are accepting supplies throughout the month of October and into early November. Flyers will be posted around the building detailing the kind of supplies needed for the drive. Donations for Boulder Crest can be dropped off in Room 2200.
Timeline for New Members Admission:
- Mid-October to Late-October: NHS Faculty Council will meet to review NHS applications.
- Early November: Decisions regarding admission to NHS will be sent to applying students.
- November 19 at 7 PM: NHS Induction Ceremony for New Members (held in Auditorium)
How to give:
Credit card donations can be processed online.
- Go to page
- Click on Online
- Chose the second bullet
- Type: The Hackerman-Patz Pavillion Endowment, the amount you wish to donate, and the rest of the information required.
- Continue as guest
- Fill out the required information and please write under “Giving in Memory or Honor of” – Harrison Pollock on the first line (so they know where the money needs to be allocated). Below his name please write The Hackerman-Patz Pavilion.
We cannot begin to thank you enough for your kindness and generosity. You have no idea how many families will benefit from your act of love. On behalf of Harrison and the rest of the family thank you so so much for your continuous support and helping us out during the transition of our new lives.
NHS sends you a “blizzard” of positive holiday messages!
We’re excited to be using the new blogs.lcps.org platform as our new public-facing online site! (John Champe NHS members have a private online site through Google Classroom.) We hope that you enjoy seeing what our busy NHS members are doing. Feel free to sign up for email updates and to follow us on Twitter @JohnChampeNHS. We also look forward to hearing from you. Leave us feedback and suggestions in the comments.