I know this is a little late, but some people requested that I share the recipe for the food I had on thanksgiving so here it is!
|4 lb sweet potato|
|1 cup margarine or butter|
|3⁄4 cup brown sugar|
|3 cup miniature marshmallows|
|1 ground cinnamon|
|1 ground nutmeg|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until slightly underdone, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool, and peel.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine margarine or butter, brown sugar, 2 cups marshmallows, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cook, stirring occasionally, until marshmallows are melted.
- Stir potatoes into marshmallow sauce. While stirring, mash about half of the potatoes and break the rest into bite-sized pieces. Transfer to prepared dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover the top evenly with remaining marshmallows. Return to the oven and bake until marshmallows are golden brown.
Hope you enjoy, Jordan